Adderall is the stimulant prescribed to treat ADHD and Narcolepsy. In simple terms, it is used to treat hyperactivity, lack of focus, forgetfulness, attentive issues, in children and adults.
This drug seems to have fewer side effects compared to other stimulants used in treating similar disorders.
Because it is used to treat children with ADHD, excessive care is required when taking this medication. Generally, it is prescribed along with other treatment plans that include, behavioral therapy, supplements, exercise, diet, parenting programs, etc., to get better results.
How safe is it for children?
- The Amphetamine used in this drug is on the market for more than half a decade. There is a lot of research and clinical administration on the use of Adderall in treating ADHD in children.
- The researches proved that they are safe to administer in children and people who have used this for many years did not develop new issues relating to cardiac disease.
- Studies also proved that long-term use of this drug did not harm the growth of children physically.
- However, it is always advisable to let your doctor know about the medical history of the children and the family to avoid any complications.
Things to avoid
- For the drug to efficiently work, it is advised that food that contains more vitamin c (citric acid, ascorbic acid, soda drinks) should be avoided an hour before taking the medicine.
- Because these tend to absorb the drug from the body and pass it out as urine, quickly. So it is better to avoid it, for the drug to perform, what it was intended to do in your body.
- It is always advisable to have a frequent review with your doctor, to ensure if the medication is working effectively, in reducing the symptoms of the disorder.
- If required, the doctor may increase or decrease the dosage.
How effectively it works?
- In general, you can see stimulants work immediately, on taking the medicine. The medicine starts to work as soon as it crosses the blood-brain barrier.
- Almost 70% of people administered this drug have benefited from it. It means the success percentage of this medicine in treating ADHD is on the higher side.
- The remaining people who have less benefited will have to reach out to their doctors, who will, in turn, analyze the root cause of the reason and then prescribe with increased dosage if necessary.
Hope the above informations helps you to know more about Adderall in treating ADHD.